Ryan Needed Time To Understand New Role
ARLINGTON (AP) – Nolan Ryan says he let speculation about his future with the Texas Rangers go on for weeks because he “needed to visit” with owners Bob Simpson and Ray Davis to get a better understanding of his role in the front office.
The Hall of Fame pitcher’s radio appearance Monday was his first interview since Ryan ended the uncertainty by announcing in a statement April 10 that he was staying as chief executive officer.
Ryan’s statement came almost six weeks after the club announced he was no longer team president. General manager Jon Daniels and chief operating officer Rick George were promoted and given presidential titles.
Ryan says he now has a clear idea of his role and “everything’s going smoothly.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texans Spend Millions On Non-Existent Federal Taxes
- Pet Food Stamp Program Started For Low-Income Families
- I-Team: Website Allows Users To Rate Prostitutes
- Source: Free Doesn’t Think He’ll Stay With Dallas
- American Hires First Flight Attendants Since 9/11
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES