DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Homicide detectives have arrested Richard Ramon Angton, 31, in connection with the killing of a man in West Dallas.
Joseph Taylor, 44, was shot multiple times about 1:30 p.m. Friday at 4027 Westmoreland Road. He was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital by Dallas Fire Rescue where he died shortly after arrival.
A witness who was at the location with Taylor before the shooting identified Angton, according to police.
Police say they believe a handgun found at the location next to the victim was fired by Angton.
An officer who responded to the scene asked Taylor who shot him as he lay injured on the ground. He replied, “Rashaud,” said the officer.
Police located Angton at Medical City of Plano seeking medical attention for a gunshot wound.
He was arrested just after midnight Saturday. His bail has been set at $150,000, according to court records.
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES