OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Tim Proudfoot singled twice, doubled and drove in five runs to lead Texas Tech to an 8-2 win against Baylor in the Big 12 baseball tournament.
Proudfoot’s RBI single in the fifth inning tied Saturday’s game at 2, and the eighth-seeded Red Raiders (26-30) took their first lead on Bryant Burleson’s RBI single two batters later. Proudfoot added a two-run double in the sixth and a two-run single in the eighth.
Nathan Orf and Steve DalPorto drove in the only runs for Baylor (27-28) against Red Raiders starter Matt Withrow (5-3). Jonny Drozd relieved Withrow and threw four scoreless innings for his first save.
Austin Stone (3-3) took the loss, giving up three runs in five innings.
Both teams had already been eliminated from contention for the Big 12 title.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- 6 Dead After North Texas Tornado Outbreak
- West First Responder Posts Erratic Facebook Messages
- Duncanville Teacher On Leave After Student Viral Video Rant
- Nordstrom No Longer Tracking Customer Phones
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES