GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – An 8-year-old boy drowned while playing in Joe Pool Lake on Memorial Day.
The boy, later who was not wearing a life jacket, was with a group of children playing in chest deep water on the Cedar Hill side of the lake when he went under. He was later identified by police as Aaron Starks of Mesquite.
One of the boy’s friends noticed that Starks had slipped underwater and told his mother. She called 911.
Police in Grand Prairie said that the child was underwater for at least 30 minutes before he was found.
Medical personnel started CPR on Starks immediately after he was located, and he was taken to Charlton Methodist Dallas by ambulance, where he was pronounced dead. Police said that this was the first drowning at the lake this year.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES