DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The trial for an accused kitten killer charged with second degree felony animal cruelty begins Wednesday.
Edwon Julian, 36, is accused of throwing a kitten from a second floor apartment in Richardson back on July 31, 2012.
Police say Julian was fighting with his girlfriend, Rosa Dismuke, and physically assaulted her. They say he tried to use a stun gun on her children who tried to help her. When the children were able to take the stun gun away from Julian, police say he grabbed the pet kitten by the tail, spun it over his head and threw it off the second floor landing.” The kitten survived the fall, but later died from its injuries.
If convicted, Julian faces 2 to 20 years in prison due to his past criminal history.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES