Irving High Yearbooks Recalled After Prank
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – The Irving Independent School District is investigating after a new yearbook at Irving High School contained a derogatory comment about a cheerleader.
Beneath a group shot of the junior varsity cheerleaders, the words “Ugly Hoe” were printed next to one of the girl’s names.
A spokesman says the yearbook had been proofed without the insult. Only 13 of the 400 yearbooks were distributed.
The person found to be responsible will be disciplined under the school’s code of conduct.
The release of the yearbook will be delayed while the district reviews its options. One option is to reprint all of the yearbooks.
The school hopes to get a new yearbook to students by June 6th.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES