DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Target has officially opened the doors to a distribution center, bringing more jobs to Denton.
The new center is Target’s most advanced, with several automated features and will serve 235 stores in eight different states.
It employs 140 people, according to Karon Bunker with the Denton Chamber of Commerce.
Denton Mayor Mark Burroughs and other community leaders were on hand for a ribbon cutting ceremony at the state-of-the-art-facility.
The first Target store opened in 1962 in the Minneapolis suburb of Roseville, Minnesota.
Target currently has 1,784 stores in the U.S., 48 stores in Canada, 37 distribution centers and 361,000 team members worldwide.
Check it out:
Denton Food Distribution Center
3255 Airport Road
Denton, TX, 76207
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES