A weekend party in rural Kaufman County would likely have ended in tragedy if not for the heroic actions of an 18-year-old girl.
A fire erupted overnight at a cabin just outside of Scurry, Texas, where seven friends were staying for a weekend party.
Jessica Gallegos was sleeping, but awoke to flames and made sure each of her friends made it safely out of the house.
For her actions, we are recognizing Jessica Gallegos of Ennis as this weeks KRLD Community Hero.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES