Brother Shoots & Kills Sister On Her 13th Birthday
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Johnson County girl died on her 13th birthday after being accidentally shot by her brother.
Paramedics were called to a home along Farm-to-Market Road 917 outside of Joshua around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
According to the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office, 19-year-old Austin McCord was cleaning one of his guns when it went off, accidentally striking his sister in the stomach. The teen was taken by air ambulance to Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital in Fort Worth, but later died.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner identified the girl as Emilee Bates, and identified her birthday as June 4.
Authorities are calling this incident an accident. The brother is not expected to face any charges.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES