Filed underStorm Team Blog
…that’s because like Tuesday, we start off this day with spot storms along the Red River then go sunny with temperatures topping out in the 90s plus see storms firing with the heat of day mainly west. On Tuesday, it officially hit 92 degrees at DFW while Dallas Love Field hit 93. You could see in our western skies the cloud tops from storms that fired near Breckenridge and Eastland. Though they moved east, they died off before making into the Metroplex.
- Spot storms are again from Metroplex north to Red River. The timing is through noon. Most of the Metroplex is dry and quiet.
- A few cells will be strong, but likely not severe with 40-50 mph gusts and lightning. The activity should quiet down and the cloud cover will thin out with afternoon heat.
- Another hot one. Some lingering clouds from this morning’s storms, but mostly sunny and hot. Highs 92-94. Southeast winds will be a breezy at 15-25 mph.
- Storm chances: 20% mainly west and east of Metroplex. Possibly severe with large hail, damaging winds and an isolated tornado threat for areas west. The window for this is late afternoon into the mid-evening hours.
- Another complex of storms is expected to develop out of the individual cells to our west and push through parts of North Texas. Thinking mainly from Metroplex to the Red River.
- Activity is possible starting late this evening through 6 AM.
- Severe potential will shift from tornadoes and hail to damaging winds, locally heavy rainfall and lightning. A hail threat will still be prevalent, just not as heightened.
- Storm chances are overnight at 30-40%.
- Cooler day! Cold front will be grinding to a halt near Palestine. This will keep variable clouds and rain chances in for the first part of the day. Plus with north winds, highs may hold in the low 80s if we keep enough clouds around.
- Storm chances 30-40%. There is no “slight risk” for severe weather from the SPC, but could be a few strong cells east and southeast.
Friday is looking GREAT…then we crank up the heat. This is kind of burying the lead! Check out these numbers!