SH 183 Closed After Officer-Involved Crash
BEDFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – Westbound state Highway 183/Airport Freeway in Bedford closed around 1 p.m. Friday due to a crash involving a motorcycle police officer, an 18-wheeler and three other cars.
Officials said Officer Scott Williamson was stopped and assisting a motorist with a flat tire when a collision happened behind the officer and the stranded motorist.
Officer Williamson suffered minor injuries and was transported to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. He has already been released.
One of the other four motorists was injured and airlifted to an area hospital in an unknown condition.
South bound 121 is open but drivers can expect SH 183 to remain closed for several hours as the investigation into what caused the accident continues.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES