Man Tries To Save Friend; Both Drown
CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say two men drowned accidentally in a pond behind a Carrollton restaurant Saturday night.
The victims were identified as 30-year-old’s Francisco Najar and Hector Rodrigues of Dallas.
The men were fishing from the bank of a retention pond along with several other relatives. The pond is located behind the La Hacienda Ranch restaurant near I-35E and West Frankford Road. Witnesses told police that one of the men was unable to swim to safety after entering the water. That’s when his friend tried to save him, only to lose his own life.
Najar and Rodrigues were transported to two local hospitals where they were pronounced dead.
Also Check Out:
- Man Killed In Southlake Town Square Shooting
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Tornado Twists Through Oklahoma Taking Lives
- Severe Weather Pictures: May 15, 2013
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES