NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – CBS 11 had the honor of documenting the emotional journey of eight WWII vets from North Texas as they returned to Normandy, France last week. They all fought for the common cause, but had never met, until this trip.
The Return To D-Day brought many smiles; tears as well. And often, moments, when there were simply no words.
Join us this week as we share the stories of 8 men who captured our hearts. Men who say all they did, was the job they were given.
Eight men — part of the The Greatest Generation, whose bravery and sacrifice helped change the course of the world.
The Daughters of World War II, treated 8 North Texas D Day veterans to this once in a lifetime trip. The Dallas-based non-profit organization operates solely from donations. If you’d like to donate, click here to visit their website.
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES