PLANO (KRLD) — Have some free time this weekend? Why not take a stroll through Downtown Plano.
As KRLD’s Joe Gomez reports, it’s an up and coming walkable place with authentic eateries and stores.
The area is home to a multitude of shops and restaurants, as well as beautiful Haggard Park. Visitors can also enjoy a wonderful performance at the sculpture-filled Courtyard theater.
“People from Uptown, Midtown — people from Highland Park — are getting on DART and coming up and hanging out,” says Bonnie Shea with the Historic Downtown Plano Association. “You walk around and don’t have to drive.”
Mona Crider, the owner of art gallery La Foofaraw, has seen an influx of traffic from out-of-town visitors.
“I like to describe downtown Plano in three words: it’s urban, it’s historic, and it’s hip.”
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES