Scandinavian Gift Shop In Plano Has History
PLANO (KRLD) – In the middle of downtown Plano sits a Scandinavian gift shop that, in addition to being full of heritage, is housed in a lot of history.
The Wooden Spoon started in McKinney more than 20 years ago, but soon after moved to Plano — into a white two story frame house with red trim built in 1867.
It’s believed to be the oldest house in Plano and it’s the perfect setting for all the place has to offer.
Among the stores products are a large assortment of traditional Swedish Dala horses, Troen Torp Clogs, and a selection of Scandinavian foods.
“You’re definitely going to find a lot of Scandinavian food,” said . “We have a lot of cheeses, fish products, and at Christmas we do lutefisk.”
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES