DFW Groups Helping People Beat The Heat
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – North Texas agencies and companies are working to help residents across the DFW area beat the heat by opening cooling centers.
The Salvation Army opens 15 stations in five counties on Monday. A complete list can be found here.
Reliant Energy has two of what it calls “Beat The Heat” stations in Dallas. One is at the Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center in Dallas and the other at the West Dallas Multipurpose Center. More information can be found here.
Local relief groups say it’s important for people without access to air conditioning to find ways to stay cool or at least cool down during the summer months.
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES