NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Dave Chappelle is making his most substantial return to stand-up comedy with a one-month tour for Funny Or Die.
The comedian will headline the Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Festival, which kicks off August 23 in Austin. The 13-date, two-stage tour also includes stops in Dallas and Houston. The tour wraps up on September 22 in Phoenix.
The 39-year-old Chappelle has occasionally performed impromptu sets in comedy clubs. But he has largely avoided comedy and public life since abruptly leaving his hit Comedy Central series, “Chappelle’s Show,” in 2005.
Also on the bill are Flight of the Conchords, Hannibal Buress, Kristen Schaal and Al Madrigal.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES