Rangers Give Berkman Another Day Off
ARLINGTON (AP) – Struggling designated hitter Lance Berkman is getting a second consecutive game out the Texas lineup.
Berkman says he isn’t upset about being left out of the lineup Monday night for the opener of a four-game series against AL West-leading Oakland. He says he’ll take the extra day to regroup.
Berkman is hitting only .192 over the past 21 games, dropping to a season-low .266. He has only three RBIs and one extra-base hit the past 18 games.
Rangers manager Ron Washington says he just felt Berkman needed a couple of days off and would be back in the lineup Tuesday.
Berkman played only 32 games with St. Louis last season because of two operations on his right knee. He says he’s not having a lot of pain.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Minute Suites Debut At DFW Airport
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
- I-Team: Innocent Teen Killed As A Result Of Police Chase
- Largest Tornado On Record & What It Would Look Like
- Child Hit & Killed Near School, Driver Will Not Be Charged
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES