Food Network Won’t Renew Paula Deen’s Contract
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Paula Deen issued a video apology on Friday, days after it was revealed that she admitted using racial slurs in the past. But the Food Network said it won’t renew Paula Deen’s contract when it expires at the end of the month.
In a second video posted to Youtube, the TV cook said she wanted to apologize “for the wrong that I’ve done” and that she wanted to learn and grow from the incident.
While questioned last month in a discrimination lawsuit, the 66-year-old Food Network star admitted to having used racial slurs in the past, but insisted she and her family do not tolerate prejudice.
In the video apology, Deen said “inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable.”
Deen has built an empire from her television shows, cookbooks and product endorsements. The Food Network began airing “Paula’s Home Cooking” in 2002 and added “Paula’s Best Dishes” in 2008.
Also Check Out:
- Local Mugshots
- Young Teens Arrested; Accused Of Attacking Vet
- Actor James Gandolfini Dead At Age 51
- Man Gets Finger Stuck In Car’s Gas Tank
- Kids Recovering After Truck Crashes Into House & Lands On Them
MOST VIEWED GALLERIES