Teen Admits Killing Friend & Leaving Body Near Storm Drain
Get Breaking News First
Follow the action on Twitter by using the widget on the righthand side of this page.
COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – A Wylie teenager has admitted to killing another child, who he called his friend, and trying to stuff his body down a storm drain last year. The boy is now headed to a youth detention center — but the question is, for how long?
The 15-year-old boy, whose name has never been released because of his age, pled guilty to Manslaughter and Tampering with Evidence on Monday. A judge sentenced the boy to 15 years in the youth center.
High school freshman Nahum Martinez was shot and killed in March of 2012. After he was shot, inside a private residence, the body of 15-year-old Nahum Martinez was carried outside and his killer attempted to stuff it down a storm drain.
Talking to CBS 11 News last year after a judge ruled her son’s now admitted killer would be tried as a juvenile, Martinez’ mother, Teresa Martinez, said, “If my son had been smaller he would have stuffed him down and we would probably still be looking for him.”
While the Manslaughter sentence was for 15 years, the guilty teenager will be re-evaluated when he is 19, to determine whether he should get probation or serve the rest of his sentence in an adult prison.
During the sentencing phase of the trail the teen, who was 14 when he killed Martinez, apologized to his victim’s family and said he “feels horrible about what happened.”
A second underage teen involved with disposing of Nahum Martinez’ body was sentenced to a year in juvenile custody earlier last year. That boy will be on probation until he is 18-years-old.
Also Check Out: