IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Four days before the beginning of training camp, the Dallas Cowboys have waived quarterback Dalton Williams and offensive tackle J.B. Shugarts.
Williams, a local QB prospect from Coppell who played at Arkon, was signed by the team on May 10. The move leaves Dallas with three quarterbacks in Tony Romo, Kyle Orton and Nick Stephens.
Stephens is another local product from Flower Mound.
Klein, Texas native Shugarts is a second-year player out of Ohio State who spent time last season with the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills.
The Cowboys have three open spots on their 90-man camp roster after last week’s release of fullback Lawrence Vickers.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Loyola-Chicago Vs. Kansas State Most Unpredictable Elite Eight Game
- Sweet 16’s Second Day Filled With Compelling NCAA Matchups
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
- Mitchell Scores 26 Points As Jazz Take Down Mavericks 119-112
- Gritty K-State Delivers 61-58 NCAA Tournament Upset Over Kentucky