Cowboys Create Camp Roster Space By Waiving Pair
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Four days before the beginning of training camp, the Dallas Cowboys have waived quarterback Dalton Williams and offensive tackle J.B. Shugarts.
Williams, a local QB prospect from Coppell who played at Arkon, was signed by the team on May 10. The move leaves Dallas with three quarterbacks in Tony Romo, Kyle Orton and Nick Stephens.
Stephens is another local product from Flower Mound.
Klein, Texas native Shugarts is a second-year player out of Ohio State who spent time last season with the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills.
The Cowboys have three open spots on their 90-man camp roster after last week’s release of fullback Lawrence Vickers.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 24th-August 28th
- NCAA Football Preview: Will TCU Win It’s First Outright Big 12 Title?
- Dez Bryant Rolling Stone Feature Author Talks Exclusively With Shan & RJ
- Spieth Tries To Make Cut & Stay No. 1