Mavericks Trade Rights To Nick Calathes
Mavericks CentralShop for Mavericks Gear
Buy Mavericks Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Nick Calathes’ career with the Dallas Mavericks is over before it ever began.
The Mavericks announced on Monday that the team has traded the former Florida guard to the Memphis Grizzlies for a 2016 second round draft pick.
Calathes was the 45th overall selection in the 2009 NBA Draft and was acquired from Minnesota in exchange for a future second round pick. The Greek National has played for teams in Greece and Russia, but has never appeared in an NBA game.
The 6-foot-6 guard left the University of Florida after completing his sophomore year. He averaged 17.8 points and 6.4 assists per game in college.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- No. 11 Wildcats Preparing To Stop Texas, Swoopes
- Texas Tech Takes On Similar Offense In No. 10 TCU
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Legend Chris Jericho
- Cowboys Tickets 42% Below Average For Monday Night Game Vs. Redskins