DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Nick Calathes’ career with the Dallas Mavericks is over before it ever began.
The Mavericks announced on Monday that the team has traded the former Florida guard to the Memphis Grizzlies for a 2016 second round draft pick.
Calathes was the 45th overall selection in the 2009 NBA Draft and was acquired from Minnesota in exchange for a future second round pick. The Greek National has played for teams in Greece and Russia, but has never appeared in an NBA game.
The 6-foot-6 guard left the University of Florida after completing his sophomore year. He averaged 17.8 points and 6.4 assists per game in college.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- NFL Draft Experience Offers Free Fun For Football Fans At AT&T Stadium
- Jaguars Owner Shahid Khan Makes Bid For Iconic Wembley Stadium
- Jack Swagger Signs With MLW One Year After Leaving WWE
- Bruins Win Dramatic Game 7 And, Is It Finally The Capitals Year?
- Rockets Advance In NBA Playoffs With Eyes On Bigger Goals