Cowboys WR Bryant Looks Ahead After Smooth Offseason
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) – Dez Bryant wants to be a leader for the Dallas Cowboys. He’s certainly playing like one after his first trouble-free offseason in three years.
The fourth-year receiver has been downright dominant early in training camp, repeatedly soaring over starting cornerbacks Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne to make catches. He was doing the same thing in offseason workouts.
Bryant says “there’s no backwards for me” after staying out of the news the past six months.
Last year, he faced a misdemeanor assault charge over a domestic incident with his mom. In 2011, he caused a stir at a mall over his baggy pants and was sued for unpaid jewelry bills. Now he’s followed up his best season as a pro with indications that an even bigger year is ahead.
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- If You’re Jerry, You Call About Adrian Peterson
- Garrett: Hardy Must Do ‘Right Things From The Beginning’
- Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Speaks About Controversial Greg Hardy Signing
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Spearheading Fantasy Football Convention
- Former Dallas Cowboys Aikman, Johnston React To Greg Hardy Signing