DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) – UFC flyweight Ian “Uncle Creepy” McCall sports a tapestry of tattoos, a sweet 19th century carnival barker mustache, and a harrowing cautionary tale of a personal life.
When the mixed martial arts fight promotion launched the 125 pound division in March of last year, McCall was one of four fighters competing in an elimination tournament for its’ inaugural title. Fighting to a draw with the eventual flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson, a rematch proved to be a lackluster outing for the admittedly distracted and ill prepared McCall. After losing a close decision to Joseph Benavidez at UFC 156 in February, he now finds himself winless three fights in to his UFC career.
McCall tells me that’s something he plans on changing this Saturday at UFC 163 in Brazil when he takes on Iliarde Santos.
Listen to Richard Hunter’s interview with Ian McCall here:
Ian McCall’s personal life has been littered with drug addiction and troubled relationships as well, but with sobriety and fatherhood now his focus outside of the cage, he’s poised to get on the winning track and restart a path to a title shot.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- FC Dallas Wins Supporters’ Shield In 0-0 Draw With Galaxy
- Police Investigating Double Homicide In Fort Worth
- Tour Bus Hits Truck, Killing 13, Injuring 31 In California
- AP Top 25: Ohio State Slips, Penn State In, Houston Out
- Tyler Perry’s ‘Madea’ Tops Cruise’s ‘Jack Reacher’ Sequel
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- The World Remembers Kidd Kraddick
- DFW Restaurant Week 2013 List
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures