Drakes Cakes To Return To Shelves In September
Get Breaking News First
NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — First Twinkies made a sweet return to the shelves and now the new owners of Drake’s cakes say Devil Dogs, Yodels, Coffee Cakes and Ring Dings will return by September.
A spokesman for McKee Foods Corp. says the company plans to bring back the snack cakes in the third week of next month. The company is still deciding whether to bring back Funny Bones, which are similar to a Twinkie with chocolate cake and peanut butter filling.
McKee, which makes Little Debbie snack cakes, snapped up Drake’s cakes from rival Hostess Brands after the company went out of business last year.
Twinkies, CupCakes and other snacks were purchased by a pair of investment firms, Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co., which owns Pabst beer.
The snacks haven’t been sold since Irving-based Hostess went out of business last year following years of financial struggles.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Prayers Answered By Nurse Nina Pham’s Return To Texas
- Trailer & Tools Stolen From Business Owner Who Employs Vets
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- The World Remembers Kidd Kraddick
- DFW Restaurant Week 2013 List
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures