NEW YORK (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — First Twinkies made a sweet return to the shelves and now the new owners of Drake’s cakes say Devil Dogs, Yodels, Coffee Cakes and Ring Dings will return by September.
A spokesman for McKee Foods Corp. says the company plans to bring back the snack cakes in the third week of next month. The company is still deciding whether to bring back Funny Bones, which are similar to a Twinkie with chocolate cake and peanut butter filling.
McKee, which makes Little Debbie snack cakes, snapped up Drake’s cakes from rival Hostess Brands after the company went out of business last year.
Twinkies, CupCakes and other snacks were purchased by a pair of investment firms, Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co., which owns Pabst beer.
The snacks haven’t been sold since Irving-based Hostess went out of business last year following years of financial struggles.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Fourth Of July Events In Dallas/Fort Worth
- Years Of Work, Study Ahead For Alamo Overhaul
- Mavs Salah Mejri Has Right Knee Surgery
- Google Calendar Outage Leaves Users Frustrated
- Argument Over Chips & Salsa Leads To Brawl In Dallas Taqueria
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- The World Remembers Kidd Kraddick
- DFW Restaurant Week 2013 List
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures