JFK Day Of Service Set For November
DALLAS (AP) - A day of service across Dallas County in November is being organized as one of the events to mark the 50th anniversary of the President John F. Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas.
The citizen-led JFK Day of Service was organized to encourage volunteering to area civic organizations on Nov. 23. A news conference set for Tuesday morning will kick off the volunteer sign-ups.
Kennedy was assassinated while riding in a motorcade through downtown Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. This year, organizations throughout the city are planning events to mark the anniversary.
Volunteers for the JFK Day of Service will participate in community service projects at more than 50 sites throughout the county.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Investigation Continues In Dallas Home Explosion
- Google Selling Wireless Plans To Get More People Online
- Mayweather, Pacquiao To Meet Only Once Before Fight Week
- Fort Worth Officer Injured In Crash
- BlackBerry To Offer 4 New Phones