GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — The Green Bay Packers have signed free agent Vince Young as a backup quarterback.
The Packers looked at their options after No. 3 quarterback B.J. Coleman threw two interceptions in the team’s intrasquad scrimmage Saturday night, and decided to go with Young. The No. 2 quarterback behind Aaron Rodgers is Graham Harrell.
Young was the third overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft. The 6-foot-5, 230-pound quarterback spent five seasons with the Tennessee Titans and one season with the Philadelphia Eagles. He was with the Buffalo Bills during the 2012 preseason.
The Packers also signed wide receiver Justin Wilson on Tuesday. The rookie from Delaware State took part in the Packers’ rookie orientation camp in May.
Also, wide receiver Sederrik Cunningham was placed on injured reserve.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Garrett Wants The Best For Tony Romo, Declines To Name A Starting QB
- Eichel Scores Twice In Sabres’ 4-1 Win Over Stars
- Villanova Jumps Kansas, Moves Back To No. 1 In AP Basketball Poll
- Packers-Cowboys Biggest Ratings Draw For A Divisional Game In 20 Years
- Dollars And Sense Of Romo’s Financial Future With Cowboys