WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has called his predecessor, former President George W. Bush, to wish him well as he recovers from a heart procedure to ease a blocked artery.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says the two spoke on Wednesday. He says Obama was glad to hear the procedure went well and that Bush is recovering.
Bush was discharged Wednesday from a Texas hospital a day after having a stent inserted to prop open an artery. The blockage was discovered during Bush’s annual physical. Bush’s spokesman says he’s “doing great” and is expected to resume his normal schedule.
Obama and Bush last met in person in April, when Obama attended the opening of Bush’s presidential library and center in Dallas.
- Red Oak Fire Department Sets Up Fund For Deceased Teacher’s Family
- I-Team: Underground Gas Lines Damaged Often
- Norma’s Cafe In Oak Cliff Serves Free Thanksgiving Meals
- Mom Sues Over Son Being Kicked Off School Bus Along Busy Highway
- Fantasy Football: Panthers Vs. Cowboys – Who To Play, Who To Pass