WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has called his predecessor, former President George W. Bush, to wish him well as he recovers from a heart procedure to ease a blocked artery.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says the two spoke on Wednesday. He says Obama was glad to hear the procedure went well and that Bush is recovering.
Bush was discharged Wednesday from a Texas hospital a day after having a stent inserted to prop open an artery. The blockage was discovered during Bush’s annual physical. Bush’s spokesman says he’s “doing great” and is expected to resume his normal schedule.
Obama and Bush last met in person in April, when Obama attended the opening of Bush’s presidential library and center in Dallas.
- Dallas Police Seek Suspect In 2nd Of 2 Sex Assaults
- Watch Ole ‘Bandit’ Run: Fans Assemble To Mark Movie’s 40th
- Remembering Kaytlynn Cargill
- Iron Maiden Bangs Out Pick Up Soccer Game Before Show
- California AG Bans State Travel To Texas, 3 Other States