President Obama Calls Former President Bush After Heart Procedure
Get Breaking News First
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has called his predecessor, former President George W. Bush, to wish him well as he recovers from a heart procedure to ease a blocked artery.
White House spokesman Jay Carney says the two spoke on Wednesday. He says Obama was glad to hear the procedure went well and that Bush is recovering.
Bush was discharged Wednesday from a Texas hospital a day after having a stent inserted to prop open an artery. The blockage was discovered during Bush’s annual physical. Bush’s spokesman says he’s “doing great” and is expected to resume his normal schedule.
Obama and Bush last met in person in April, when Obama attended the opening of Bush’s presidential library and center in Dallas.
- Pitchers’ Duel Likely As Darvish Faces King Felix
- Former NYC Mayor Plans Gun Control Network With Eyes On Texas
- Top 5 NBA Playoff Moments
- Poll: Is 13 Years Old Too Young For OBGYN Visits?
- Paul McCartney Plans June Performance In Lubbock