From Texas Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
HOUSTON (AP) - Texas catcher A.J. Pierzynski has been ejected from Monday’s game against Houston for arguing a call during Yu Darvish’s bid for a perfect game.
Pierzynski was tossed in the sixth inning with Texas ahead 2-0.
Darvish had not allowed a runner when he threw a 2-2 breaking ball with two outs to Jonathan Villar. Darvish began walking off the mound and Pierzynski started heading to the dugout, but plate umpire Ron Kulpa said it was low. Pierzynski didn’t like the call and started yelling in Kulpa’s face.
Pierzynski was quickly tossed and replaced by Geovany Soto. Darvish then walked Villar, giving the Astros their first runner.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Collin County Weather Slowly Going From Bad To Worse
- Ice And Sleet Creates Hazardous Conditions in Fort Worth
- Winter Weather Disrupts Travel at DFW Airport
- TxDOT Has New Weapon In Icy Road Battle
- CBSDFW.COM Fantasy Football Show: Week 14