HOUSTON (AP) – Texas catcher A.J. Pierzynski has been ejected from Monday’s game against Houston for arguing a call during Yu Darvish’s bid for a perfect game.
Pierzynski was tossed in the sixth inning with Texas ahead 2-0.
Darvish had not allowed a runner when he threw a 2-2 breaking ball with two outs to Jonathan Villar. Darvish began walking off the mound and Pierzynski started heading to the dugout, but plate umpire Ron Kulpa said it was low. Pierzynski didn’t like the call and started yelling in Kulpa’s face.
Pierzynski was quickly tossed and replaced by Geovany Soto. Darvish then walked Villar, giving the Astros their first runner.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wells Fargo Hit With $1 Billion Fine For Mortgage, Auto Lending Abuses
- As Prince’s Health Waned, Alarm Grew In Inner Circle
- Rory McIlroy Vows That He Will Win The Masters, One Day
- Once Long Shot, Expansion Golden Knights Now Favorite In NHL Playoffs
- Mariners Turn Unlikely Triple Play Against Astros On “Ugly Play”