HOUSTON (AP) – Texas catcher A.J. Pierzynski has been ejected from Monday’s game against Houston for arguing a call during Yu Darvish’s bid for a perfect game.
Pierzynski was tossed in the sixth inning with Texas ahead 2-0.
Darvish had not allowed a runner when he threw a 2-2 breaking ball with two outs to Jonathan Villar. Darvish began walking off the mound and Pierzynski started heading to the dugout, but plate umpire Ron Kulpa said it was low. Pierzynski didn’t like the call and started yelling in Kulpa’s face.
Pierzynski was quickly tossed and replaced by Geovany Soto. Darvish then walked Villar, giving the Astros their first runner.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Improvements Planned For Fort Worth’s Stop Six Neighborhood
- ICE Moves Undocumented Woman With Brain Tumor To Detention Facility
- John Wiley Price Corruption Trial Officially Underway
- DPD Officers Work Mental Muscles With ‘Brain Training’
- Fired Arlington Pre-School Teacher Apologizes For Anti-Semitic Tweets