HOUSTON (AP) – Texas catcher A.J. Pierzynski has been ejected from Monday’s game against Houston for arguing a call during Yu Darvish’s bid for a perfect game.
Pierzynski was tossed in the sixth inning with Texas ahead 2-0.
Darvish had not allowed a runner when he threw a 2-2 breaking ball with two outs to Jonathan Villar. Darvish began walking off the mound and Pierzynski started heading to the dugout, but plate umpire Ron Kulpa said it was low. Pierzynski didn’t like the call and started yelling in Kulpa’s face.
Pierzynski was quickly tossed and replaced by Geovany Soto. Darvish then walked Villar, giving the Astros their first runner.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Possible Measles Exposure At Waxahachie Movie Theater
- Texas Observes Confederate Heroes Day Amid Growing Debate
- NASA Bumps Astronaut Off Space Station Flight In Rare Move
- Kim & Kanye Announce ‘Chicago’ As Their New Baby’s Name
- Weekend Closure Will Create Traffic Mess Along Highway 183 In Irving