Dallas Mom Allegedly Starved Ailing Daughter
DALLAS (AP) - A Dallas woman has been accused of starving her 15-year-old daughter to less than 50 pounds and halting medication for the girl’s cerebral palsy.
Dallas County jail records show 37-year-old Schandrilla Schlesinger was being held Tuesday on a charge of injury to a disabled child. Bond was set at $150,000 for the Dallas woman who was booked Saturday.
Medical records show Schlesinger’s daughter weighed 80 pounds in February. An arrest affidavit says the girl was down to 49 pounds when she was taken to a hospital July 30 after a caregiver raised concerns. Investigators say the mother last month also allegedly took the girl off her medication needed to control seizures.
Further details on the girl’s condition weren’t immediately available. An attorney for Schlesinger didn’t immediately return a message Tuesday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody
- Families With Special Military Bond Don’t Let Icy Roads Cancel Event
- Fort Worth ISD’s Only Superintendent Pick Withdraws Nomination
- Cowboys To Use Franchise Tag On Dez Bryant
- Body Discovered At Lake Ray Hubbard During Missing Person Search