DALLAS (AP) – A Dallas woman has been accused of starving her 15-year-old daughter to less than 50 pounds and halting medication for the girl’s cerebral palsy.
Dallas County jail records show 37-year-old Schandrilla Schlesinger was being held Tuesday on a charge of injury to a disabled child. Bond was set at $150,000 for the Dallas woman who was booked Saturday.
Medical records show Schlesinger’s daughter weighed 80 pounds in February. An arrest affidavit says the girl was down to 49 pounds when she was taken to a hospital July 30 after a caregiver raised concerns. Investigators say the mother last month also allegedly took the girl off her medication needed to control seizures.
Further details on the girl’s condition weren’t immediately available. An attorney for Schlesinger didn’t immediately return a message Tuesday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Residents Meet The Candidates
- Top 5 Ways To Prevent Your Packages From Being Stolen
- Hundreds Protest White Nationalist’s Speech At Texas A&M
- Denton Council Passes Hand Held Device Ban For Drivers
- Suspect In Detective Murder Says He’s Not A ‘Bad Guy’