I realize there’s a major upside to having kids when you’re young. They seem to actually ENJOY hanging out with you as they grow up.
I wanted nothing to do with my mother in high school. Give me my friends 24/7, and I was all good.
So these kids of mine totally surprise me.
All last week, my 22-year-old college senior son and I were home alone. Just the two of us.
We had dinner after work almost every night, worked out, went to a movie and a concert. The kid even attended a happy hour with me and my CBS11 producer peeps!
Following that fun, my almost-20-year-old daughter and I escaped for two days in Arizona before the rest of the family flew in.
We swam, sunbathed, exercised, and visited her childhood friends. She even joined my crazy girlfriends and me for a concert (and fell in love with the drummer).
Plus, her best girlfriend palled along whenever possible.
Who does this?
I don’t know if it’s just this generation, but for a mom like me who wasn’t ready to kiss her college kids goodbye anyway, I sure feel fortunate.
Bonus days of motherhood…slowly morphing into friendship.
Who knew it could be so fun. And feel so good.
- Alabama Starts Atop AP Poll For 2nd Straight Year
- Fan Essentials: What’s Most Exciting About The Mayweather-McGregor Fight?
- Reward Offered For Most Wanted Fugitive From Dallas
- Keidel: Will Eight Ounce Gloves Really Matter In Mayweather-McGregor?
- Norman Rockwell Painting Sells For $1.6 Million At Auction