Jail Time For Woman Accused Of Stabbing Boyfriend With Stiletto
HOUSTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — A judge in Texas has denied a request to lower the bond for a woman accused of fatally stabbing her boyfriend with her stiletto heel.
The request by resident Ana Lilia Trujillo was rejected during a court hearing Tuesday in Houston. Her attorney, John Carroll, plans to appeal the decision.
The 44-year-old Trujillo remains jailed on a murder charge with bond set at $100,000. She was indicted by a grand jury Monday. Her trial is scheduled for January 7.
Prosecutors allege Trujillo stabbed 59-year-old Alf Stefan Andersson after the two got into a heated argument at his condominium in June.
Prosecutors say Andersson became angry when a man tried to buy Trujillo a drink at a nightclub the couple had visited earlier.
Carroll says Trujillo has “a very valid self-defense claim.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Let Other Fantasy Baseball Owners Take Chances On September Call-Ups
- Rookie Spotlight: Vic Beasley Will Be An Every-Down Player For Atlanta Falcons
- Man Exposes Himself To High School Cheerleader
- Deputy Shot At Houston-Area Gas Station
- Extra Patrols After Man Exposes Himself Near High School