ARLINGTON (AP) — Suspended Rangers slugger Nelson Cruz is heading home to the Dominican Republic, where he will work out before returning to Texas later this month.
General manager Jon Daniels said Tuesday that Cruz will spend about 12 days in the Dominican. The All-Star right fielder has a home gym and will visit the team’s complex there.
Cruz was suspended for the final 50 games of the regular season in Major League Baseball’s investigation into a Florida clinic accused of distributing banned performance-enhancing drugs. He was one of 13 MLB players disciplined last week.
The Rangers want Cruz to stay in as good of baseball shape as possible, but Daniels says no decision has been made about Cruz playing in the postseason if Texas makes the playoffs.
- Fort Worth Police Officer Gets Special Gift From Quilters
- NASCAR Shakes Up 2018 Schedule
- Playboy Model Who Shot Nude Pic Of Unwitting Woman Due In Court
- Scientists May Now Know How Whales Got So Big
- Jury Deliberates Fate Of FWPD Officer In Wrongful Shooting Case