Suspended Rangers OF Cruz Headed Home To Dominican
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (AP) — Suspended Rangers slugger Nelson Cruz is heading home to the Dominican Republic, where he will work out before returning to Texas later this month.
General manager Jon Daniels said Tuesday that Cruz will spend about 12 days in the Dominican. The All-Star right fielder has a home gym and will visit the team’s complex there.
Cruz was suspended for the final 50 games of the regular season in Major League Baseball’s investigation into a Florida clinic accused of distributing banned performance-enhancing drugs. He was one of 13 MLB players disciplined last week.
The Rangers want Cruz to stay in as good of baseball shape as possible, but Daniels says no decision has been made about Cruz playing in the postseason if Texas makes the playoffs.
- Garland Officers Pull Teens From Burning Vehicle After Chase
- Mavs Weren’t Aware Of Rashard Lewis’ Knee Problem
- Real Life Wonder Woman Using Strength To Motivate
- Texas Hoping National & State Guard Troops Will Choose To Go To Border
- One Injured In Overnight Dallas Road Rage Shooting