Garrett Gives Cowboys Day At The Beach
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
OXNARD, Calif. (105.3 THE FAN/AP) – Cowboys coach Jason Garrett made his players think they were going to have to earn a day at the beach. He intended to give them Wednesday afternoon off all along.
Garrett divided the players, coaches and staff into six groups and used the four quarterbacks at training camp, himself and a staff member to represent each set. If anyone hit the crossbar with a pass from the 25-yard line, practice was canceled.
105.3 The Fan’s Mark Elfenbein of the Elf & Slater show did a play-by-play of the event.
Tony Romo and Nick Stephens got close, but nobody hit the bar — even with another try from the 20. It didn’t matter. The beach trip was already planned.
Cowboys LB Justin Durant tweeted pictures as the Cowboys went to spend an afternoon in the sand.
The Cowboys will practice Thursday, break camp Friday and play their third preseason Saturday at Arizona.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Stars Rally To Beat The Blues, 4-3
- Rangers Get Ninth Win In 10 Games
- Opponent Profile: New Orleans Saints Hope To Repeat 2013 Rout Of Cowboys
- “How Not To Fumble” With Babe & Karen
- Mansfield Teacher Dies Days After Indecency Allegations
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures