OXNARD, Calif. (105.3 THE FAN/AP) – Cowboys coach Jason Garrett made his players think they were going to have to earn a day at the beach. He intended to give them Wednesday afternoon off all along.
Garrett divided the players, coaches and staff into six groups and used the four quarterbacks at training camp, himself and a staff member to represent each set. If anyone hit the crossbar with a pass from the 25-yard line, practice was canceled.
105.3 The Fan’s Mark Elfenbein of the Elf & Slater show did a play-by-play of the event.
Tony Romo and Nick Stephens got close, but nobody hit the bar — even with another try from the 20. It didn’t matter. The beach trip was already planned.
Cowboys LB Justin Durant tweeted pictures as the Cowboys went to spend an afternoon in the sand.
The Cowboys will practice Thursday, break camp Friday and play their third preseason Saturday at Arizona.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- SMU Stuns No. 11 Houston 38-16
- Stars Shut Out By Blue Jackets 3-0
- Local Developer Brings Old Building Back To Life In Oak Cliff
- Man Injured By Bobcat Is First Case In Plano’s Recorded History
- Fort Worth Police Arrest Man Who Shot At Officers
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures