Garrett Gives Cowboys Day At The Beach
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
OXNARD, Calif. (105.3 THE FAN/AP) – Cowboys coach Jason Garrett made his players think they were going to have to earn a day at the beach. He intended to give them Wednesday afternoon off all along.
Garrett divided the players, coaches and staff into six groups and used the four quarterbacks at training camp, himself and a staff member to represent each set. If anyone hit the crossbar with a pass from the 25-yard line, practice was canceled.
105.3 The Fan’s Mark Elfenbein of the Elf & Slater show did a play-by-play of the event.
Tony Romo and Nick Stephens got close, but nobody hit the bar — even with another try from the 20. It didn’t matter. The beach trip was already planned.
Cowboys LB Justin Durant tweeted pictures as the Cowboys went to spend an afternoon in the sand.
The Cowboys will practice Thursday, break camp Friday and play their third preseason Saturday at Arizona.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 5 Biggest NFL Training Camp Storylines
- Too Beautiful To Play? 6 Things You Need To Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- FBI: Rowlett Man Sent Hundreds Of White Powder Letters
- Force Behind Dallas Holocaust Museum Passes Away
- California Governor Criticizes Texas Guard Plan
- Airline Reservation System Back Up After Failure
- George Zimmerman Stopped For Speeding In North Texas
- 4 Dead & 4 Wounded In 2 Related DFW Shootings
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures