Governor Perry Heading West To Headline California GOP Convention
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Despite his attempts to lure businesses away from the Golden State, the California Republican Party is welcoming Texas Governor Rick Perry with open arms.
Perry will headline the state’s GOP fall convention in Anaheim.
The GOP made the announcement Monday. Perry’s office confirmed his attendance at the event from Oct. 4-6.
The party said Perry was invited for Texas’ history of job creation.
Perry makes frequent trips to California. Some of the earliest support for his 2012 presidential bid came from major Republican donors in California.
The Texas governor also tries to convince California businesses to relocate to Texas, where taxes are significantly lower. Critics argue so are the state services.
Perry announced last month that he will not seek re-election, but he has left open the possibility of running for president in 2016. He has said he will make a decision later this year.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wife Of Fort Worth Doctor With Ebola Thanks Supporters
- West Streets Still Not Repaired, A Year After Explosion
- Dallas To Review Business Contracts Linked To Price Indictment
- Protestors To Rally Outside Gov. Perry Event In Dallas
- Texas Sheriff’s Association Against Legalization Of Marijuana