Berkman Likely Not Back Before September
ARLINGTON (AP) - Lance Berkman says he’s waiting to be activated from the disabled list by the Texas Rangers, and knows that may not happen for two more weeks.
Berkman said Monday that he doesn’t expect to be activated until rosters expand Sept. 1.
The 37-year-old designated hitter has been on the DL since July 7 with left hip inflammation and his sore right knee. He played four minor league rehab games in five days last week with no significant issues.
Berkman says he understands that the Rangers don’t have much roster flexibility for “any significant changes.”
He hit .254 with six home runs and 34 RBIs in 68 games before going on the DL. He played only 32 games last season for St. Louis before two operations on his right knee.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lewisville Police Warn Of Attempted Child Abduction
- DISD Students Eat Dinner At School
- Man Accused Of Gym Screwdriver Stabbing: “What Have I Done?”
- Wise County Sheriff’s K-9 Officer Shot Dead By Suspect
- Website Lists Top Three Jobs Of 2015