Cowboys CB Claiborne Still Out With Knee Injury
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — When Morris Claiborne jammed his left knee during Dallas Cowboys training camp, the cornerback said he would be back the next day.
That was two weeks ago, and Claiborne still hasn’t returned to practice.
“If he does anything, it will be towards the end of the week. I don’t anticipate a lot of action for him this week of practice or this weekend,” said Garrett on Tuesday.
Claiborne has already missed the first three preseason games. There two more tuneup games before the Sept. 8 season opener. The Cowboys will play Cincinnati on Saturday night.
“You never want to rush a player back so you’re jeopardizing him in any way. He’s doing his rehab well and making progress,” said Garrett. “When he’s ready we’ll get him out there practicing and hopefully playing in a ballgame.”
Even after missing his first preseason because of left wrist surgery, then time during his first camp with a sprained MCL in his left knee, Claiborne had 64 tackles, eight pass breakups and an interception while starting 15 games as a rookie.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- U.S. Olympic Committee Announces City Of Los Angeles As The Bid To Host 2024 Olympics
- CBS Sports To Stream NFL On CBS Coverage For Regular & Postseason Games Headlined By Super Bowl 50
- Keidel: Mayweather’s 49-0 Mark Will Be More Impressive Than Marciano’s
- Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Likes ‘The Romo Debate’
- This Week In Baseball: ‘Shoeless’ Joe’s Failed Reinstatement Bid, What It Means For Pete Rose