Cruz To Speak At GOP Benefit For West
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is scheduled to speak at a GOP dinner to benefit the town of West.
The McLennan County Republican Party is hosting the dinner Thursday night in Waco. Party officials say all proceeds will go to the relief and recovery efforts in West.
In April 15 people died and much of the town destroyed by a fertilizer plant explosion. The town is still struggling to recover and rebuild.
Cruz is on a statewide tour this month, attending political dinners, town halls and meeting with local business leaders. He will also make appearances in Austin on Thursday.
Cruz has been touting his plan to defund the Affordable Care Act, but has also had to answer questions about being born in Canada and the possibility he has dual citizenship.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ride Safety Inspections A Priority At State Fair
- Police Searching For Missing 76-Year-Old Woman
- PayPal Opens The Door A Bit For Bitcoin Payments
- Computer System DPD Passed On Working Great For Sheriff’s Deputies
- Woman Breaks Window, Rescues Baby In San Antonio