AUSTIN (AP) – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is scheduled to speak at a GOP dinner to benefit the town of West.
The McLennan County Republican Party is hosting the dinner Thursday night in Waco. Party officials say all proceeds will go to the relief and recovery efforts in West.
In April 15 people died and much of the town destroyed by a fertilizer plant explosion. The town is still struggling to recover and rebuild.
Cruz is on a statewide tour this month, attending political dinners, town halls and meeting with local business leaders. He will also make appearances in Austin on Thursday.
Cruz has been touting his plan to defund the Affordable Care Act, but has also had to answer questions about being born in Canada and the possibility he has dual citizenship.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rain Boots Fit For A Queen On-Trend At Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- TSA Put To Test With Memorial Day Weekend Travel
- Texan With Character: Aman Lee
- Former Funeral Director Pleads Guilty To Abusing Corpses
- New Antibiotic Resistant Superbug Identified In The U.S.