DISD Board Set To Review Miles Investigation
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas school board members on Thursday night will get a first look at the investigation into Superintendent Mike Miles. The Dallas Independent School District leader is accused of interfering with a parent education contract. Dallas school board trustees are set to meet at 7:00 p.m. in a private executive session.
Former U.S. attorney Paul Coggins was called on to take over the investigation into allegations levied against Miles. Former communications chief Rebecca Rodriguez made these allegations before resigning earlier this year. At issue is whether or not Miles attempted to manipulate a $200,000 parent education contract because his preferred provider was not going to win the bid.
Miles denies any wrongdoing, but the outcome of the Coggins investigation could determine his future with the school district.
It is not known if the report will be released to the public after being reviewed by school board trustees on Thursday night. Students return to classes beginning on Monday morning.
- Wrong-Way Drivers Caught On Video Leaving AT&T Stadium
- Salmonella Tied To Cucumbers Sickens 9 In Texas
- Damaging Spring Floods Still Affecting Lakeside Businesses
- Public Shows Support For Police During ‘Back The Blue’
- Neighbor Heard Gunshots, Found Dentist Dead In Uptown Garage