DISD Board Set To Review Miles Investigation
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Dallas school board members on Thursday night will get a first look at the investigation into Superintendent Mike Miles. The Dallas Independent School District leader is accused of interfering with a parent education contract. Dallas school board trustees are set to meet at 7:00 p.m. in a private executive session.
Former U.S. attorney Paul Coggins was called on to take over the investigation into allegations levied against Miles. Former communications chief Rebecca Rodriguez made these allegations before resigning earlier this year. At issue is whether or not Miles attempted to manipulate a $200,000 parent education contract because his preferred provider was not going to win the bid.
Miles denies any wrongdoing, but the outcome of the Coggins investigation could determine his future with the school district.
It is not known if the report will be released to the public after being reviewed by school board trustees on Thursday night. Students return to classes beginning on Monday morning.
- Heroin Use Reaching Epidemic Levels Across North Texas
- North Texas Police Department Posting Traffic Enforcement Locations
- Rangers GM Jon Daniels Talk Baseball Live From Surprise
- PD: Wylie Teens Planned Classmate’s Murder
- NSA Leaker Edward Snowden Speaks At SXSW Conference