Fort Worth Zoo Welcomes Another Baby Elephant
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – It’s a boy this time! For the second time this summer, the Fort Worth Zoo is celebrating the birth of a baby elephant.
The zoo made the announcement Thursday morning. Bowie (pronounced boo-ee) was born on August 5 to first-time mom Bluebonnet. Bowie is only the third elephant to be born at the Fort Worth Zoo in its more than 100-year history.
Bowie weighed in at 228 pounds at birth was 39 inches long and 37.5 inches tall. His trunk is 12.6 inches long.
It was just a little more than a month ago on July 7, that the zoo welcomed the second elephant born there – another Asian elephant – who was eventually named Belle. Belle is Bowie’s aunt.
The zoo says all of its elephants – Rasha, Belle, Bluebonnet and Bowie – will be on exhibit daily from 10:15 a.m. to noon, and briefly at 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- Woman Takes Dramatic Picture Of North Texas Weather
- North Texans Come From Miles Around To Help Tornado Victims
- Single Mom Fired Before First Day Over Facebook Post
- Your Health & The Reusable Grocery Bag Trap
- Nowitzki Still Working With Mavs In Trouble Against Rockets