Fort Worth Zoo Welcomes Another Baby Elephant
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – It’s a boy this time! For the second time this summer, the Fort Worth Zoo is celebrating the birth of a baby elephant.
The zoo made the announcement Thursday morning. Bowie (pronounced boo-ee) was born on August 5 to first-time mom Bluebonnet. Bowie is only the third elephant to be born at the Fort Worth Zoo in its more than 100-year history.
Bowie weighed in at 228 pounds at birth was 39 inches long and 37.5 inches tall. His trunk is 12.6 inches long.
It was just a little more than a month ago on July 7, that the zoo welcomed the second elephant born there – another Asian elephant – who was eventually named Belle. Belle is Bowie’s aunt.
The zoo says all of its elephants – Rasha, Belle, Bluebonnet and Bowie – will be on exhibit daily from 10:15 a.m. to noon, and briefly at 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- RG3 To Be Honorary Pace Car Driver At Richmond
- Funeral Arrangements Set For Elite News Founder William “Bill” Blair
- Body Of Missing Child Found In Rockwall County
- Fight Over Electric Wheelchair Leads To Death In Dallas
- 30 Top Prospects To Attend NFL Draft