CARSON, Calif. (AP) – David Ferreira and Ramon Nunez scored in the last four minutes and FC Dallas snapped an 11-match MLS winless streak with a 3-1 victory over Chivas USA on Wednesday night.
It was FC Dallas’ first league win since May 25.
Chivas (4-14-6) opened the scoring in the 43rd minute when newly signed Bryan de la Fuente beat Raul Fernandez from close range.
FC Dallas (9-7-9) equalized in the 71st, when Fabian Castillo found Blas Perez open outside the penalty area and Perez fired a shot that deflected off Chivas defender Mario de Luna and past Dan Kennedy into the goal.
FC Dallas’ Jackson was sent off in the 81st minute after receiving his second yellow card.
Ferreria scored the winner in the 86th minute, racing into the penalty area and beating Kennedy for his second goal of the season. Nunez ripped an 18-yard shot into the back of the net in the 90th minute for the final margin.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins