ARLINGTON (AP) – The richest one-day rodeo will be held at the home of the Dallas Cowboys, with $2 million in prize money up for grabs.
The AMERICAN event announced Thursday will showcase the world’s top 10 contestants after the PBR World Finals and WNFR. Other participants will be determined by five qualifying events for each rodeo event in the weeks before the March 2 competition.
The purse is $2 million, with each event paying $100,000 for first place and $25,000 for second. Qualifiers will be entitled to share in a $1 million side pot.
One the event’s organizers is Randy Bernard. He was head of Professional Bull Riders when a bracket-style competition of top riders debuted at the stadium in 2010.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2017 NBA Second Half Preview – Western Conference
- House Speaker Ryan Getting Firsthand Look At US-Mexico Border
- President Trump To Revoke Obama’s Transgender Bathroom Guidance
- Deputies Searching For Owner Who Abandoned Injured Horse
- Fort Worth Officer Traveled 1,300 Miles To Donate Bone Marrow