IRVING (AP) — The Dallas Cowboys would have preferred not to have to kick again after a punt hit the large video boards hanging over the field
Cowboys punter Chris Jones had a kick Saturday night in a preseason game against Cincinnati that ricocheted off the framework that holds up the two big boards. Officials looked at replays to confirm the kick that still went 47 yards. By rule, the ball was dead and the kick had to be redone.
Brandon Tate returned the re-kick 75 yards for a touchdown.
It was only the second time a punt hit the boards 90 feet above the field. The only other time it happened was in the very first preseason game there in August 2009, when Tennessee’s A.J. Trapasso hit the board.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Mayfield Snubbed As No. 3 Sooners Roll 41-3 Win Over Kansas
- Freshman QB In 1st Start Leads No. 11 TCU To Win At Texas Tech
- Jerry Jones Apologizes For ‘Inappropriate’ Comment Amid Growing Tension With Goodell
- Jerry Jones: ‘It’s Not Who I Am’ Regarding Comment
- Keidel: Raiders Need Win Way More Than Patriots Do