DALLAS (AP) — Officials say a 79-year-old retiree has died during a fire at his Dallas home.
Firefighters responded to the blaze early Saturday morning at the house of Walter Simmons and his wife.
The fire — in the home’s front living area — was quickly put out. Afterward, firefighters found Simmons’ body. A cause of death has not been determined.
Simmons’ wife was not injured in the blaze.
Investigators are still trying to determine how the fire began. The blaze caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to the home.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prince & Muhammad Ali Honored At BET Awards
- Clinton, Warren Meet For First 2016 Campaign Event
- North Texas Firefighter Remembered After Fatal Crash
- After Dalai Lama Met Lady Gaga, China Warns Of His Motives
- Phelps’ Influence Out Of Pool Impacts Results At U.S. Trials