Dallas Retiree Dies During House Fire
DALLAS (AP) — Officials say a 79-year-old retiree has died during a fire at his Dallas home.
Firefighters responded to the blaze early Saturday morning at the house of Walter Simmons and his wife.
The fire — in the home’s front living area — was quickly put out. Afterward, firefighters found Simmons’ body. A cause of death has not been determined.
Simmons’ wife was not injured in the blaze.
Investigators are still trying to determine how the fire began. The blaze caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to the home.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- I-35 Express Project Should Bring Needed Relief
- Texans File Suit Over Bar-B-Que Smoke Smell
- ‘Animated’ Dez Bryant Explains Fight With Tyler Patmon At Cowboys Camp
- Officials: Teen Arrested After Patrol Car Set Afire In Texas
- GOP Hopeful Ted Cruz To Visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11