DALLAS (AP) — Officials say a 79-year-old retiree has died during a fire at his Dallas home.
Firefighters responded to the blaze early Saturday morning at the house of Walter Simmons and his wife.
The fire — in the home’s front living area — was quickly put out. Afterward, firefighters found Simmons’ body. A cause of death has not been determined.
Simmons’ wife was not injured in the blaze.
Investigators are still trying to determine how the fire began. The blaze caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to the home.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family Overcomes Grief, Shares Inspiring Adoption Story
- Sanitary Sewers Overflowing In Plano
- Michigan Outlasts Texas 78-72 In Bahamas
- Arlington PD Running “No Refusal” Plan Thanksgiving Weekend
- Blair Wins 700th Game As No. 10 Texas A&M Women Beat Cal