Dallas Retiree Dies During House Fire
DALLAS (AP) — Officials say a 79-year-old retiree has died during a fire at his Dallas home.
Firefighters responded to the blaze early Saturday morning at the house of Walter Simmons and his wife.
The fire — in the home’s front living area — was quickly put out. Afterward, firefighters found Simmons’ body. A cause of death has not been determined.
Simmons’ wife was not injured in the blaze.
Investigators are still trying to determine how the fire began. The blaze caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to the home.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting
- Video Prompts Suspension Of Two College Police Officers
- Arlington Teen Injured In Hit-And-Run Accident