Dallas Retiree Dies During House Fire
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) — Officials say a 79-year-old retiree has died during a fire at his Dallas home.
Firefighters responded to the blaze early Saturday morning at the house of Walter Simmons and his wife.
The fire — in the home’s front living area — was quickly put out. Afterward, firefighters found Simmons’ body. A cause of death has not been determined.
Simmons’ wife was not injured in the blaze.
Investigators are still trying to determine how the fire began. The blaze caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to the home.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- One Dead In Single-Vehicle Crash In Dallas
- Mikolas Leads Rangers Past Sloppy Yankees 4-2
- Briles Unfazed By Fisher Talk Of Title Games
- Big 12 Assigns 1st Female Football Official
- DL Stansbury Leaves Aggies; DB Davis Arrested