Dallas Retiree Dies During House Fire
DALLAS (AP) — Officials say a 79-year-old retiree has died during a fire at his Dallas home.
Firefighters responded to the blaze early Saturday morning at the house of Walter Simmons and his wife.
The fire — in the home’s front living area — was quickly put out. Afterward, firefighters found Simmons’ body. A cause of death has not been determined.
Simmons’ wife was not injured in the blaze.
Investigators are still trying to determine how the fire began. The blaze caused an estimated $40,000 in damage to the home.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- First Responders Benefit From Heart Of Dallas Bowl
- Neighbors On Edge After Homeowner Kills Intruder
- Fort Worth Cops Feed Off Gratitude
- U.S. Looks Into RadioShack Retirement Plans
- Underage Drinking May Lead To Alcoholism