COLLEGE STATION (AP) — Texas A&M announced game suspensions for cornerback Deshazor Everett and safety Floyd Raven, both suspended from the team since July following their arrests on charges of misdemeanor assault and criminal mischief.
Athletic director Eric Hyman says Everett will be suspended for half of a game and Raven will be suspended for one game.
At the time of their arrests, College Station police said Everett and Raven were charged after an April 7 fight at an apartment complex. Police said two people reported being attacked by a group that included Everett and Raven. Police said they both had visible injuries from the attack, and a car was damaged.
Everett had a late interception to seal the Aggies’ 29-24 upset win at top-ranked Alabama in November.
No. 7 A&M opens the season Saturday against Rice.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Swift Water Rescues Keep McKinney First Responders Busy
- Tarrant Co. Deputy Rescued In Dangerous High Waters, Driver Still Missing
- Late Push Lifts Syracuse Past No. 25 Texas A&M, 74-67
- Houston-Area Man Accused Of Setting Fire To Girlfriend
- Thief Steals Package Off Porch, Security Camera From Doorway