Texas Traffic Stop Leads To $200K In Stolen Jewelry, Items
Get Breaking News First
SHAMROCK, Texas (AP) — A Texas traffic stop has yielded nearly $217,000 worth of stolen gold and silver plus jewelry swiped from a Macy’s, Inc. store in Alabama.
The Texas Department of Public Safety on Monday announced the arrest of 40-year-old Michael Bourgeois from Los Angeles. Bourgeois was taken into custody Saturday during a stop on Interstate 40 near Shamrock, about 90 miles east of Amarillo. Bourgeois allegedly was traveling from Atlanta back to Los Angeles.
Sr. Trooper Daniel Hawthorne says the confiscated items were hidden in the trunk side panels. The stolen jewelry had bar codes from a Macy’s store in Birmingham, Ala.
The driver was arrested on a charge of possession of stolen property and remained in the Wheeler County jail on Monday. Officials didn’t immediately release more information about the suspect.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Protecting Your Family From Measles, Cyclosporiasis
- Children Face Increased Risk In Hot Cars As Temps Rise
- Collapsed Traffic Sign Leaves NB 820 Closed In Hurst
- Jerry Jones: Not A ‘Make-Or-Break’ Year For Garrett
- Yankees Top Rangers 2-1 In Rain-Shortened Game