Texas Traffic Stop Leads To $200K In Stolen Jewelry, Items
Get Breaking News First
SHAMROCK, Texas (AP) — A Texas traffic stop has yielded nearly $217,000 worth of stolen gold and silver plus jewelry swiped from a Macy’s, Inc. store in Alabama.
The Texas Department of Public Safety on Monday announced the arrest of 40-year-old Michael Bourgeois from Los Angeles. Bourgeois was taken into custody Saturday during a stop on Interstate 40 near Shamrock, about 90 miles east of Amarillo. Bourgeois allegedly was traveling from Atlanta back to Los Angeles.
Sr. Trooper Daniel Hawthorne says the confiscated items were hidden in the trunk side panels. The stolen jewelry had bar codes from a Macy’s store in Birmingham, Ala.
The driver was arrested on a charge of possession of stolen property and remained in the Wheeler County jail on Monday. Officials didn’t immediately release more information about the suspect.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- World Class Soccer Brings Fans To The Cotton Bowl
- Feds Investigate Denton ISD For Possible Harassment & Retaliation
- Ice Storm Memories Have One North Texas City Planning Ahead
- North Texan Challenging Right To Film Federal Buildings
- Social Media Campaign Helps Transform Arlington Graffiti