Bomb Scare Forces Evacuation Of Mesquite UPS Center
MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) – Authorities evacuated the UPS distribution center in Mesquite on Thursday after an employee discovered a “suspicious” object.
The object was discovered around 7:30 a.m. by an employee who was repackaging a briefcase-sized package.
Sources at the scene described the package as a pipe with wires sticking out of it.
“What looks like a bomb sometimes is and sometimes isn’t,” said Mesquite Fire Department Captain Kelly Turner. “Sometimes people package things in such a way that makes us a little nervous — it obviously did the people at UPS.”
Though the object has not been identified, Turner says it was “disarmed”. Authorities, including the FBI, are now trying to determine if it was an explosive device.
Trucks attempting to enter the facility were temporarily sent to Town East Mall to wait.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- No. 12 Texas A&M Loses Jones For Season
- Crashes Continue As Snow Day Turns To Night
- Snow Day Brings Accidents, Traffic, & Some Fun Across North Texas
- Good Samaritan & His Hummer Saving Stranded Drivers
- Snow, Ice Cause Daytime & Commute Problems In Denton County