FORT WORTH (AP) — When TCU was still a BCS buster, these were the kind of games the Horned Frogs had to play in hopes of proving themselves.
The 20th-ranked Frogs play Saturday night against No. 12 LSU. And now they’re trying to make a Big 12 statement against the SEC.
TCU was still playing in the Mountain West when a series with LSU was scheduled, before the Frogs had consecutive undefeated regular seasons in 2009 and 2010 that ended in BCS games.
The Frogs were 16-4 under coach Gary Patterson against teams from BCS automatic-qualifying leagues before joining the Big 12 last season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Manziel Could Be Benched By Browns For Off-Field Behavior
- FanDuel Weekly Roundup: Who To Play, Who To Pass For NFL Week 12
- With Romo & Dez Back Jones Says Cowboys Will Have “Our Best Team On Field”
- Manziel Video Causes Stir During Browns Bye Week
- Cowboys Try To Stay In Playoff Race Against Undefeated Panthers On Thanksgiving