FORT WORTH (AP) — When TCU was still a BCS buster, these were the kind of games the Horned Frogs had to play in hopes of proving themselves.
The 20th-ranked Frogs play Saturday night against No. 12 LSU. And now they’re trying to make a Big 12 statement against the SEC.
TCU was still playing in the Mountain West when a series with LSU was scheduled, before the Frogs had consecutive undefeated regular seasons in 2009 and 2010 that ended in BCS games.
The Frogs were 16-4 under coach Gary Patterson against teams from BCS automatic-qualifying leagues before joining the Big 12 last season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Report: NFL Admits Mistake On Unsportsmanlike Huddle Penalty On Brice Butler
- Raiders File Papers To Move From Oakland To Las Vegas
- CBS Sports’ Nantz, Simms, Cowher, Gonzalez Analyze NFL Championships
- Pizza Hut To Hire 11,000 New Workers For Super Bowl
- Welterweight Title Fight Between Keith Thurman And Danny Garcia To Air In Primetime On CBS