MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – A Plano man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for trying to help kill the fiance of his friend’s mother.
Dunkan Boyce, 19, pleaded guilty to attempted murder, for his role in the attack of Paul Key back in November 2011.
Prosecutors say Key had grown tired of waiting to be married and decided to end his engagement to Vicky Miller after three years of providing her thousands of dollars in financial support. Miller invited Key to her home to collect his belongings, and when he arrived he was strangled with an electrical cord, smothered with a pillow and hit over the head with a frying pan, according to prosecutors. Miller, her 17-year old son, and family friend Boyce, who was also 17 at the time, carried out the attack.
Prosecutors say Key was able to escape with his life and serious injuries, including a lacerated scalp that needed 12 staples. Key reported the attack to police. But Miller and the teenagers claimed it was Key who had attacked them.
Now, nearly two years later, Boyce has pleaded guilty for the crime and has been sentenced to the maximum punishment.
- This Week In Golf: Navy Vet Billy Hurley III Wins Quicken Loans National
- DPD Search For 2 Suspects In Jewelry Theft
- Dallas Stars, Kings Swap U.S.-Born Prospects On Final Day Of Draft
- Top 5 NBA Free Agents Available
- Fort Worth PD Looking For Man That Stole Firefighter’s Wallet