DFW AIRPORT (CBSDFW.COM) – The wife of rocker Ted Nugent told TSA screeners she forgot she was carrying a loaded gun in her bag as she tried to get through security at DFW Airport.
Shemane Nugent, 51, was arrested on Thursday morning, after security detected a loaded Smith & Wesson .38 Special revolver at the bottom of her carry on bag. The pistol was loaded with five rounds of ammunition. Another 10 rounds were located in the side pocket of the gun’s carrying case.
When questioned about the bag and what was inside of it, she told officers, “I know what the problem is. I forgot the gun was in the bag.”
Nugent told police she has a concealed handgun license and been carrying the gun for protection when she attended physical training classes because she had been receiving death threats. She told officers she forgot the pistol was inside the bag when she decided to use it as a carry on.
Nugent was handcuffed and arrested. She has since been released.
Ted Nugent is known for his outspoken views on hunting and gun ownership rights, which have been described by some as controversial.
- Dallas Police Searching For Man Who Exposed Himself To Woman
- Former Duncanville Teacher Starts 10 Year Sentence For Student Affair
- Rain Boots Fit For A Queen On-Trend At Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- TSA Put To Test With Memorial Day Weekend Travel
- Texan With Character: Aman Lee